Fifty years ago today


posted by sooyup on

No comments

[Sunday, 13th March, 1961] Emma has still not come on and is frightened she might be pregnant. In fact it seems lot more than might be. Fingers crossed, I suggested she might just be late, but she insisted that she has always be regular - as I know perfectly well for purely selfish reasons. Suddenly, without warning, she broke down in tears, sobbing from somewhere deep inside. Ive never seen her cry before and it went right through me like a knife. I felt - feel - so helpless. What would her folks do? Send her away to her relatives in Cornwall, perhaps. I cant imagine life without her now that weve tasted what it would be like to be married. She says she wont or cant tell her mother, and has no-one else to confide in. We hugged, and she calmed down. Then she half-smiled and said: Ill wait till it shows. We ended up making love as usual. God help us, what a mess.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...