From what I remember, taking figure-studies and glamour photographs of Emma like the one on the left seldom got me sexually excited at the time. And it wasn’t simply my preoccupation with posing, lighting, aperture and shutter-speed. Even in the darkroom, watching the images appear as if by magic in the developing-dish, I didn’t feel the immediate urge to rush out and ravish Emma (although a bothersome erection was only to be expected, and I remember the pleasure of pressing it hard up against the bench as I worked.) I’ve always found it odd that a beautiful woman can take my breath away without filling me with sexual desire, even when I know (in Emma’s case) that she is available and would not be unwilling. Sometimes, even when seeing an image which is deliberately and provocatively pornographic, I find myself more moved by the woman’s sheer physical beauty than by what she is doing. Am I just peculiar, or is it a sign of old age?posted by sooyup on Looking back, Pictures of Emm
From what I remember, taking figure-studies and glamour photographs of Emma like the one on the left seldom got me sexually excited at the time. And it wasn’t simply my preoccupation with posing, lighting, aperture and shutter-speed. Even in the darkroom, watching the images appear as if by magic in the developing-dish, I didn’t feel the immediate urge to rush out and ravish Emma (although a bothersome erection was only to be expected, and I remember the pleasure of pressing it hard up against the bench as I worked.) I’ve always found it odd that a beautiful woman can take my breath away without filling me with sexual desire, even when I know (in Emma’s case) that she is available and would not be unwilling. Sometimes, even when seeing an image which is deliberately and provocatively pornographic, I find myself more moved by the woman’s sheer physical beauty than by what she is doing. Am I just peculiar, or is it a sign of old age?